My Famous Lover Short Story- Peachy Cube (Fiction)

I breathe in thinking that I shouldn’t do this, but I know how hard I’ve worked and I am not backing down now. This is my first time in New York City, it’s my first day going to work I can do this! What’s not to love about a place where dreams really come true or knocked down like it was nothing. Once I arrive at my work, I look up seeing a big sign saying ‘VOGUE’ clueless of how I am going to act when I get inside, I shrug and walk into the doors not prepared what is waiting on the other side. I walk in to see an enormous diamond chandelier that glistens in the room, my eyes start to look lower and lower to see a counter crowded by people yelling at the front desk employee. When I start to hear my name being called over the crowd of people.
“Claire, Claire Peterson! Where are you?” I start to follow the voice who is calling my name not knowing what to say or do.
“There you are, Claire, I thought you were bailing out on the first day.”
“No, I would never do that,” I said, I look up from the ground to see her smiling
“Oh, by the way, I’m Rose.” She reaches out her hand so we can handshake before we start walking to the office.
“Nice to meet you, Rose, as you may know, I’m Claire.” A huge smile spreads across Rose’s face after a while, then she claps her hands together making a loud echo in the hallway.
“Ok, so we’ve got a busy day today, we need to set up for the photoshoot for Tom Holland.”
“Wait a minute, pause, You're saying that I am taking pictures for the Tom Holland.”
“The one and only but please do not act like this around him, we need to be professional.” Rose ordered
“oh and don’t forget to go to Greene Street at 10, Bethesda Fountain at 12, Bow Bridge at 2, and Literary park at 4.”
“Ok, I won’t let you down, remember this is my dream job I can do this.” I look at the time to see that it is already 9 so I rush over to my car and drove away to the photoshoot. I ran out of the car to hear footsteps behind me thinking that it was Rose helping me out, I stopped and turned around to see a masked person with a bat in their hand. Once I saw the masked person my instincts kicked in so I attempted to run, but it was too late the masked person grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to them, a little too close actually. They knocked me out ice cold, then I feel someone picking me up, I start to hear a motor noise, we were getting closer and closer to a car or a limousine I couldn’t tell, I could hear but could not see. It felt much like some kind of dream. I hear the mysterious voice but it was a very familiar voice, one that I heard many years ago a while back, the last time I heard that voice was my senior year of high school I think. This voice was like no other voice it was a calm, soothing voice, that made me smile and calmer than before.
“Hey peaches you ok? I saw you get knocked out cold so I took over and got that robber away. But, the good news is, is that I got all your stuff they tried to steal from you. You really must have a big day today if you have this expensive stuff with you.”
I moan a little and open up my eyes to see a young man about my age. He had a sweet smell of cologne, this mysterious man smiled ever so slightly and had a husky voice. “You better be careful next time. It can be pretty dangerous in New York City, your pretty lucky I found you or you would have been missing for a long time.”
“Was it really that bad?” I see him clutching his hand, I feel bad that he did this for me. “Let me help you”
“With what?”
“Your hand, what else could I help out with?” I laugh a little accidentally making it sound a little flirty. I grab the first aid kit that was under the chair in his car. Then the mysterious man holds out his hand so I can wrap it up.
“By the way my name is Claire.” There was a silence between us for what it felt like forever until he finally spoke.
“My name? My name is Alex, Axel Wade.”
“Well, nice to meet you Alex. You know your name sounds familiar.”
Alex bites his lip hiding or nervous about something. “Who do I ring a bell to?”
“There’s this guy that I knew in high school all four years, he was the funniest most talented person I have ever met.
And you know what? We were the talk of school but by the end of high school we went our separate ways he pursued his singing career and I pursued my photography career, I haven’t seen him since our graduation ceremony.”
Alex gave me an understanding face, I smiled and let him speak “That’s pretty deep to tell a complete stranger”
“Oh, I didn’t mean to make it that deep I am just a very opened book.”
“No it’s fine it’s my fault I was saying it as a compliment, not something bad.” Alex pauses for a second to figure out what to say next in a brief moment he clears his throat to speak again. “We are going to my house so you can rest.” He said a little demanding.
“Ok,” I shrug not caring about what will happen next. The rest of the ride was mostly a blur Alex said things somethings here and there but for most of the time, I think I was asleep because I don’t remember falling asleep on his couch. When I woke up and saw Alex sitting on the couch next to me. “You're up,” Alex said, confused as ever I just look at him, then I see that he has his shirt off and I throw my blanket at him after I saw his strong arms.
“Could you put on a shirt?” I cover my eyes to hear that he is laughing at me when I start to uncover them he already has one on.
“I didn’t know you would be up this early, I never have guests at my house, anyways I came out here to tell you something cool.” He pauses for a second which makes my heart beat faster than ever. “I was thinking that maybe we know each other when you talked about that story back in the limo it made me think of me and my best friend.” He grabs out a yearbook that says ‘Eagles 2021-2022’ Alex rolls through the pages to show me a picture of me next to him that says ‘Eagle’s best couple.’ I look at the page in awe not believing that it was really him, my high school best friend, the lost friend, my lost friend looking back and forth I can see a resemblance.
“It’s really you! I missed you so much. How are you? Did you pursue your singing career?”
“Well about that I was going to be your surprise at the photoshoot because your boss thought it would be a great idea.”
“Really? Yesterday was my first day and now it’s like I went back in time where I see my best friend every day but I didn’t know you where the famous Alex Wade, I thought it was just a consequence that you had the same name as he did but it was the same person.”
“Easy on yourself Claire you know you got a concussion.” He warned
“I did? I thought it was just a dream.”
“Nope, not at all and I talked to your boss and told her that you needed to have off for the time being from your injury. You know what Claire? I’m proud of you.”
“For what?”
“You followed your dreams and got to the top!” Alex had the brightest smile on his face which made me smile, I missed that smile so much, he never changed. “Claire”
“Yes?” I look at him caringly with a warm smile spread across my face.
“Do you want to go with me on tour, it would mean the world if you come. And we’re still friends right?”
Without even thinking I respond immediately. “Yes I would love to and I am your friend, it never changed if we weren’t friends it would be way too awkward to talk to you after so long.” Alex stands up and grabs me by the waist looks me in the eye and yells out something that was unforgettable for both of us.
“I LOVE CLAIRE!” I look at him like he was crazy but I hugged him around the neck and whispered in his ear.
I love you too.
5 years later
I lay in my bed looking up at the ceiling thoughts flying through my mind, feeling so betrayed because of Alex’s fans, they think I am a gold digger. But, I’ll show them who I really am, I can sing, Alex and I have been practicing singing together for about 2 years now so we can do a surprise duet at his tour for his newest album. The good thing is, is that the performance is in two more days, this never made me more excited in my life. I am also helping my boss at ‘VOGUE’ the company has high expectations for me because I am taking photos of my boyfriend, Alex Wade. The night of the performance my heart was racing, my hands were sweaty, and I was singing uncontrollably. Alex looks at me and gives me a kiss on the forehead for good luck, he slips his hands in mine.
“I love you Claire, and don’t worry you’ll do great.”
“I love you too, but we need to get on stage.”
“Are you sure you don’t want to do this another time you’ve had a pretty hard week.”
“Of course I want to do this, you know I don’t like quitting.”
“1 minute” the stage manager yells
“Let's do this thing!” Alex and I both replied

Hand in hand we walk out to the stage, and we sang our hearts out to our fans, amazing them with our angel-like voices, making their hearts flutter. That day, he proposed to me making the happiest woman ever. Did I ever say yes? Well duh, my answer was yes I love him too much not to say no to him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl in the Mirror By Peachy Cube Fiction story

Fall Gold

My Belief- Peachy Cube (Non-fiction)