My Belief- Peachy Cube (Non-fiction)

My family, with the lost culture, never had a tradition that we would constantly do. Many years ago I believed that focusing
on the present was what was most important, but when my great grandfather told me the history of our family, I wondered
why not focus on the past? Maybe, if I learn more about the cultures from where my family was from I can bring back my
family’s culture and their main language, I never looked back to see who they, were.
Ever since I was little I thought that the world only revolves around living, making a profit, praising God and going to
heaven. Not knowing the fact that I never paid attention to see that there is much more to learn than just focusing
on the present. What I thought was that I only needed to focus on a couple things living, believing, following
my dreams, and focus one thing at a time.
I believe it is important to know and understand your families culture and past.
One tradition my family has kept from our ancestors is making a huge party during Christmas time. We all make
as much food as possible because there is usually about 100 or more people that come to this yearly party.
Every year there is a lipsyncing contest and for the past 5 years, the family has expanded by 30 people.
My family always made the best of the party bringing gifts for the white elephant and games for the competition
for food to who goes first. It’s ok we only last until the next day still awake. Coffee and sparkling cider for the
cold nights in Colorado telling horror stories and scaring the crap out of the younger cousins.
Until we meet again we stay because the night is still young and life is short.
When I was just a little girl I looked up to my great grandpa with all my heart. The first time I learned
about my ancestors I felt like I got closer to my family. Most of my family on my dad’s side has passed
away, so I never got to meet them. But my great grandfather changed the way that I believed in things..
Great-grandpa taught me that even though my ancestors are dead I can learn many things from them. He says that my
extended family has “as they say ‘skeletons in their closets.’” This means that they are hiding many secrets,
so many that they had put them to their grave. One thing they will regret is them hiding it in the first place because
someone is going to find out anyways whether they like it or not. When my great grandfather finally told me about my
family and where they were from I had no clue what places in Europe where like and what they still are today. I learned
that my Great Grandmother is from Germany, and I would even like to travel there someday.  These distant ancestors of mine
have never passed down stories about what they have been through and what it was like to be a German, French, Danish,
Italian. My belief is in culture, relationships in the world, getting to know countries without stereotypes.
The more I know about my families culture, the more I will better understand who I am.
One thing’s for sure and was that some stuff the things I believed,simply aren’t true.
For instance, I thought that Germans wear lederhosen and dandles everywhere, luckily I now
know that I don't want to be that person walking the streets of Germany in lederhosen
or a dandle!
When I started studying about my family’s culture I focused on the fact that I should get closer to
them by actually being around the culture. Maybe even dressing like them from time to time or even going to a
cultural event. I feel like I always get closer to my family when I go to some kind of event that honors that culture or county.
When I learn about cultures I do it for not only fun but for respect and having the ability to talk to people the right
way or a nicer/polite way.
My great grandfather taught me how to get closer to the people around me, my family, and God. Our family
culture impacts our religion and social life in many ways. Changing how we manage money, respect people and get closer to God.

You can learn so many things just by learning cultures that's why I want all readers to know that this belief is not
just important to you but the whole world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl in the Mirror By Peachy Cube Fiction story

Fall Gold